SOC for Cybersecurity Overview
Mastering SOC for Cybersecurity: A Comprehensive Training Event
Is your organization prepared for a "SOC for Cybersecurity" assessment? Would you like to internally use this audit criteria for a self-assessment? Are you aware of the significant engagement opportunity it presents for CPA firms and their clients? Join us to acquire an in-depth understanding of the AICPA's cybersecurity risk management reporting framework, designed to assist organizations in evaluating the effectiveness of their cybersecurity programs. Our training will empower organizations to identify areas for improvement in their cybersecurity controls.
This CPE event offers participants a comprehensive overview of the AICPA's SOC for Cybersecurity guidance. Tailored for CPAs, IT professionals, and business leaders, the training equips attendees with the knowledge and skills necessary to implement a robust cybersecurity risk management program. You will gain insights into the distinction between SOC for Cybersecurity Risk Management assessments and SOC 2 engagements, enabling you to make informed decisions on when to utilize each approach.
Led by experienced instructors well-versed in cybersecurity risk management and the AICPA's SOC for Cybersecurity guidance, this training event provides a unique opportunity for participants to engage with instructors and peers. Through interactive sessions, you will deepen your understanding of developing and implementing an effective cybersecurity risk management program within your organization.
Overall, this CPE event serves as an exceptional platform for professionals to enhance their cybersecurity risk management skills and gain a comprehensive understanding of the AICPA's SOC for Cybersecurity guidance. By attending this training, participants can strengthen their organization's cybersecurity posture, effectively communicate with stakeholders, and obtain a SOC for Cybersecurity report that provides assurance of the presence of adequate controls for managing cyber risks.
Each attendee will earn two CPEs (YB) by participating in this training event, and a certificate of completion will be provided to validate your professional development.
Don't miss this valuable opportunity to master SOC for Cybersecurity and elevate your organization's cybersecurity practices. Register now to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in this critical area of risk management.
Details on Event Presentation
Being offered twice a quarter on Mondays at 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Central Time.
We can schedule private events on your timetable for two or more attendees.
CPE Event Highlights
- Comprehensive Overview: The program provides a comprehensive overview of the AICPA's SOC for Cybersecurity guidance and its practical application in managing cybersecurity risks.
- Interactive Learning: Participants will have the opportunity to interact with instructors and peers throughout the training event, and engage in discussions and exercises to enhance their learning.
Overall, the SOC for Cybersecurity CPE Program offered by Compliance Seminars is an excellent opportunity for professionals to gain a deeper understanding of the AICPA's SOC for Cybersecurity guidance and its practical application in managing cybersecurity risks.
· Overview of the AICPA's SOC for Cybersecurity guidance and its purpose in managing cybersecurity risks.
· Describe a cybersecurity risk management program that meets the AICPA criteria.
· Understand the SOC for Cybersecurity reporting process
· Obtain a deeper understanding of the AICPA's SOC for Cybersecurity guidance and its role in managing cybersecurity risks.
Key Issues on the Agenda
I. Introduction to SOC for Cybersecurity
- Overview of the AICPA's SOC for Cybersecurity guidance
- Explanation of the purpose and scope of the guidance
- Importance of cybersecurity risk management
II. Understanding Cybersecurity Risks
- Explanation of different types of cybersecurity risks
- Internal and external threats
- The potential impact of cybersecurity risks on business operations
III. Developing a Cybersecurity Risk Management Program
- The AICPA criteria for a cybersecurity risk management program
- Best practices for risk identification and assessment
- Developing cybersecurity policies and procedures
- Effective communication of policies and procedures to stakeholders
- Monitoring and mitigation of cybersecurity risks
- Incident response planning
IV. SOC for Cybersecurity Reporting
- Explanation of the SOC for Cybersecurity reporting process
- Different types of reports that can be obtained
- The examination process and requirements for issuing a report
V. Maintaining a Cybersecurity Risk Management Program
- Best practices for maintaining a cybersecurity risk management program over time
- Ongoing monitoring and updating of policies and procedures
- Responding to new and emerging cybersecurity risks
VI. Conclusion and Q&A
- Summary of key takeaways
- Review of resources for further learning and support
NASBA Program Disclosure
Program Level of Understanding: Intermediate to Advanced Auditor
Advance Preparation: None
Delivery Format: On-site Training (Group-Live); Seminar (Group-Live)
NASBA Field(s) of Study: Auditing
CPE Credits: 2, based on 50 minutes of instruction per hour
Summary of the Subject Matter
The AICPA’s SOC for Cybersecurity guidance provides a framework for organizations to assess and communicate their cybersecurity risk management programs. To help professionals better understand and implement this guidance, CCS has this overview of the auditing criteria.
This CPE training program is designed to provide attendee with a comprehensive overview of the AICPA’s cybersecurity risk management program criteria, as well as practical guidance on how to implement these criteria in their organizations. This 2 CPE overview can provide you with the guidance on how to use this criteria at your firm
The training program consists of several modules that cover the key aspects of SOC for Cybersecurity, including:
- Introduction to SOC for Cybersecurity: This module provides an overview of the SOC for Cybersecurity guidance, including the purpose and scope of the guidance, the criteria that must be met, and the benefits of obtaining a SOC for Cybersecurity report.
- Understanding Cybersecurity Risks: This module covers the types of cybersecurity risks that organizations face, including internal and external threats, and the potential impact of these risks on business operations.
- Developing a Cybersecurity Risk Management Program: This module provides guidance on how to develop a cybersecurity risk management program that meets the AICPA criteria. Topics covered include risk identification, policy development, communication, monitoring, and incident response.
- SOC for Cybersecurity Reporting: This module provides an overview of the SOC for Cybersecurity reporting process, including the different types of reports that can be obtained, the examination process, and the requirements for issuing a report.
- Maintaining a Cybersecurity Risk Management Program: This module covers best practices for maintaining a cybersecurity risk management program over time, including ongoing monitoring and updating of policies and procedures.
The CPE training webinar is designed to provide participants with an understanding of the AICPA’s cybersecurity risk management program criteria and the skills and knowledge necessary to implement these criteria in their organizations.